Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / Re: Tidal area, some time ago...
« Last post by mhaze on Today at 10:38:24 AM »
Impressive work as ever, Dune!
Open Discussion / Re: How's the weather outside?
« Last post by Kadri on Today at 08:59:42 AM »
You guys are so funny at times. That's why I like this forum so much (not because of anything else)  :P

Yeah no need for too much seriousnes at least all the time.

The last replay on the other thread from Hannes about his guy as a pilot on my crashed spaceships really made me lough out loud :)
Image Sharing / Re: Tidal area, some time ago...
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 06:35:39 AM »
"A croprender will do I guess."
my hero, LOL

"A croprender will do I guess." ... Now I feel worthy again - I don't know how often I did it like that ;)
Image Sharing / Re: 0, 0, 0 tree popping up
« Last post by DocCharly65 on Today at 06:20:22 AM »
Oh, I know the 0,0,0 problem.

I have it alway when I use populations and the center of my scene is near the zero point of the map.
It seems that one instance of every population is placed at 0,0,0. But I think this problem exists since TG uses populations.
Open Discussion / Re: How's the weather outside?
« Last post by Dune on Today at 05:50:45 AM »
You guys are so funny at times. That's why I like this forum so much (not because of anything else)  :P
Open Discussion / Re: The Danakil Depression
« Last post by fleetwood on Today at 01:39:33 AM »
Very interesting find. Thanks
To your second question, use a Default Shader, set its diffuse colour to 0 and set luminance to 1, then either select an image for the luminosity image or plug a shader into the luminosity function. That will also solve the GI problem because it won't respond to GI at all.

Matt
If it's a diffuse surface, not a self-luminous (emissive) surface then it could be due to GI, or a lack of GI. Sometimes surfaces that are not directly visible to the camera don't catch GI in the GI cache, and then they render darker in reflections. If this is the cause, you can fix it by writing out a GI cache file from a render where the object is visible, and then reading that for the water render.

Matt
« Last post by bobbystahr on Today at 12:05:24 AM »
As always, you can send things to support AT planetside.co.uk

Thanks!

- Oshyan

There should now be a download link at support...thanks
« Last post by Oshyan on June 21, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »
As always, you can send things to support AT planetside.co.uk

Thanks!

- Oshyan