Author Topic: It probably came out of the sewer  (Read 682 times)

Offline Hannes

• Terragen Alpha Tester (Win)
It probably came out of the sewer
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:32:32 AM »
I had to take a little break from the cliff challenge.
I know this is a bit weird. It started as an Ivy Generator accident. I had the trunk mesh way too thick and it looked like tentacles. So I played with this thing (initially wrapped around a tree) and applied some shaders. Basically this is an edited version of the "Measles" shader of my Materials file in the file sharing section.
I can tell you that the first attempt of putting this thing into a scene looked even weirder. Like a giant genital (and I really took it quite far, so I thought it might be better not to post it here). I then created another scene. I used the city block I already had in some of my images and added a lot of stuff.
At Ten24 I found this creepy smiling guy (as part of a Modo shading tutorial). I just had to purchase him.

Offline luvsmuzik

• luvsmuzik 1995
Re: It probably came out of the sewer
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »
You are crazy. ;D

Offline Jo Kariboo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 11:49:45 AM »
A beautiful staging with humor, Nice light to!  :D

Offline mhaze

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 01:54:59 PM »
Gruesome  ;)

Offline Dune

• www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:56:51 PM »
Sick! But a real beauty too! You certainly have an eye for subtle stuff, like the guy in the car on the left, puzzled. I love it when you do stuff like this, Hannes. Forget about cliffs  ;D

Offline Hannes

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »
Sick! But a real beauty too! You certainly have an eye for subtle stuff, like the guy in the car on the left, puzzled. I love it when you do stuff like this, Hannes. Forget about cliffs  ;D

;D ;D ;D Yes, what about a "who is the sickest?" contest?

Thanks guys.

Offline j meyer

• orkwarts
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
 ;D  Cool.
But, 'I need a little more cheepnis please'. ;)

Offline Hannes

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 05:40:23 PM »
I had to google that.  ;D
Now, that I see, that it's a Frank Zappa song, I can't hold back the first attempt of putting that tentacle thing into a scene.

Maybe I just won the "who is the sickest?" contest. I built the spaceships during an afternoon some days ago. I had to.

If anyone feels offended by this image please tell me, and I or someone at Planetside's will (probably) remove this image.

On the other hand, what you see is a furry alien creature with some sort of a human skin secreting a milky liquid and some weird spaceships. Honni soit qui mal y pense...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline luvsmuzik

• luvsmuzik 1995
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 06:10:20 PM »
Don't tell me your problems.....I have to face all my female models backwards til I figure out how to disguise the wet tshirt look.

My relatives will vouch for the fact that I have been making clothes for over 55 years....I also got an "A" in geometry....really? I will do this! :)

Offline Jo Kariboo

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 07:36:54 PM »
Now, that I see, that it's a Frank Zappa song, I can't hold back the first attempt of putting that tentacle thing into a scene.

Maybe I just won the "who is the sickest?" contest. I built the spaceships during an afternoon some days ago. I had to.

If anyone feels offended by this image please tell me, and I or someone at Planetside's will (probably) remove this image.

On the other hand, what you see is a furry alien creature with some sort of a human skin secreting a milky liquid and some weird spaceships. Honni soit qui mal y pense...  ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations you won the first prize! I would like to have also "Monster Generator", sorry "Ivy Generator".   ;D

Offline bobbystahr

• Turn, and face the Strange Ch Ch Changes...D Bowie
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »

Congratulations you won the first prize! I would like to have also "Monster Generator", sorry "Ivy Generator".   ;D

Here y go

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Offline Hannes

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 08:43:33 PM »
I think, he knows it, but maybe he was wondering about the sick things you can do with it... ;)

Offline Jo Kariboo

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 12:49:54 AM »
I think, he knows it, but maybe he was wondering about the sick things you can do with it... ;)

Exactly!
Yes, I know what Ivy Generator is for. I was joking about the monster that came out.

Offline bobbystahr

• Turn, and face the Strange Ch Ch Changes...D Bowie
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 05:26:54 PM »

Exactly!
Yes, I know what Ivy Generator is for. I was joking about the monster that came out.

I'm so friggin literal some days hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

anything