ShapesGalore

Started by bobbystahr, June 26, 2017, 02:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Started plting with combining native object and decided to play around with Cypher's God Rays which is a basic tutorial on punching a hole in the clouds to turn the sun into a spotlight. Tweaked that a bit in the coverage and got this. I've supplied the .tgd as all the grass is Dune's freebie collection and the Cork Oak was an XFROG freebie, everything else is native TG4 Comments welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

J_Con

When I first looked at this I thought of the movie independence day, when the large spacecraft comes through the clouds.

Then I looked again and thought....hrm...That's very phallic! ...and Yonic!
I can't unsee it now.  :)

I like the textures, very earthy and the foreground objects are very crisp and detailed.
Cool.

bobbystahr

Quote from: J_Con on June 26, 2017, 06:35:11 PM
When I first looked at this I thought of the movie independence day, when the large spacecraft comes through the clouds.

I can't unsee it now.  :)

I like the textures, very earthy and the foreground objects are very crisp and detailed.
Cool.

Heh heh, well I am a Scorpio so thanks, it was a fun mess around. Never let yer inner soul run rampant...these are the results....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Quote from: J_Con on June 26, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

;D  ;D  ;D

ok.. now I see it too...
But cool anyway!

Kadri

I saw it too and wasn't sure how to reply.
I actually think there is a possibility of a much better image as it is somewhere there if you can get over...that :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on June 27, 2017, 12:35:53 PM

I saw it too and wasn't sure how to reply.
I actually think there is a possibility of a much better image as it is someone there if you can get over...that :)

I did try a few iterations of PF and moved the objects around but got nothing I liked.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Yeah...doesn't work always as we wish.
I have a scene that does have much possibility but still couldn't find the golden camera spot :)

ajcgi

Ooo that tree on top makes me itchy. Interesting rock shapes. ;)
The hole in the cloud makes it look like this thing is commanding a quick exit.