Author Topic: Automatic centering of Network Window - Preference setting  (Read 97 times)

Offline KlausK

• Land ho!
Hello planetside

This is about my personal workflow in TG:

I use the GUI in windowed mode reduced to the smallest possible size on 1 monitor.
The empty space of the Windows Desktop is filled with other windows like node previews or the render window.
The default GUI shows the 3D Preview above the Node Network.
Whenever I click one of the buttons in the menu above the windows (Library / Objects / Terrain / Shaders / etc)
the Network view jumps to the marked node group.
Would it be possible to have a preference setting that turns this behaviour off?
Using 1 monitor I simply don`t have the space to open a floating node network view and this jumping around slows really down.

Also, when maximizing the Node Network view inside the GUI under the 3D Preview for example,
it jumps back to a window when you click another context button in the top menu (like the Camera or Terrain etc).

This is not helpful imho.

Of course, the best solution would be to have a fully customizable GUI to save different TG desktops.
Perhaps there is a chance to implement this someday.

cheers, Klaus

ps: the bold text is not ment as shouting out in despair but, merely to highlight the important topics. ;)

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 / Win7 Ultimate

Offline Oshyan

• Planetside Staff
  • Holy snagging ducks!
Re: Automatic centering of Network Window - Preference setting
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:04:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. We do hope to implement a more customizable UI one day.

For what reason do you click on the Layout buttons (Objects/Terrain/Shaders)? If you are using the node network you generally don't need to, unless you are needing to use the few Layout-specific preset buttons like Easy Clouds.

- Oshyan

Offline KlausK

• Land ho!
Re: Automatic centering of Network Window - Preference setting
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:30:07 AM »
@Oshyan, it would be nice if a customizable interface would be introduced, sometime.

As I said this is about my personal workflow. So, it`s not about what I generally have to click or not.
I have attached a picture which shows how I like to set up the interface while working.
Maybe it helps in understanding what I was talking abbout in the first post.

Having all the important properties windows and some previews open helps me to visualize quickly
what each and every setting, value or in general any action I perform on the nodes does to the terrain.
And when I click on the labeled buttons in the upper menu most of the times the network view changes to
the nodes which belong to the item I clicked on. Not always as I found out the past few days.
Not in a predictable way, at last, for me.
I would prefer if clicking on these buttons would only change the upper left window with its properties window beneath.

( right now I am not sure if my English is good enough to express clearly what I want to say...)
Thanks for reading.
cheers, Klaus
« Last Edit: Today at 12:23:10 PM by KlausK »
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 / Win7 Ultimate

anything