Author Topic: Is there ever going to be documentation for Terragen?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Ethrieltd

• Well, here I am...
    • Youtube SFX Reels
Re: Is there ever going to be documentation for Terragen?
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:15 AM »
There's some middleground between a quick start guide and the idiots guide to, and a massive leap to the encyclopedia galactica.

The update to the GI information is the perfect example. If all the missing sections (fake dark power,etc) are updated to a similar degree by Planetside then more detailed information can be added to the wiki by experienced users.

As a sidebar, I've been playing with the "blooms" and damn, if they don't have massive changes from SMALL numbers. The default 0.1 & 0.25's produced a HUGE bloom. I reduced them significantly. It's things like this that need documenting. Why is it so sensitive and is that sensitivity tied in to another setting of which I'm unaware (and might never find out without some background) of lurking in another tab?

I don't think anybody expects a scientific manual (although I wouldn't turn down an explanation of some of those blues...) but some of the settings don't lend themselves to self explanation. Get those dealt with and we're well on the way.