Author Topic: Texturing wierdness in C4D  (Read 165 times)

Offline Ethrieltd

• Well, here I am...
    • Youtube SFX Reels
Texturing wierdness in C4D
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:30:37 PM »
Getting a weird texturing issue in C4D. I downloaded a bunch of BSG models complete with textures. I can't figure out why it's happening. The show fine in the viewport but when you render it...

Anyone got a clue for me?

Offline luvsmuzik

Re: Texturing wierdness in C4D
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:05:27 AM »
This is a SKU import dae?

Offline Dune

• Corkscrew Bird
    • www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 07:00:29 AM »
I found that having the same polygons mapped twice (it happens sometimes) can cause (these?) strange effects. Check all maps and surfaces and see if any overlap occurs, that might be it.
In case you still haven't seen enough of my work: www.ulco-art.nl

Offline Ethrieltd

• Well, here I am...
    • Youtube SFX Reels
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
This is a SKU import dae?

Yes. It was the only thing that could work in C4D when downloading from the 3D Warehouse. The option was for Sketch-Up Files or Collada to download and I don't have Sketch-up.

I found that having the same polygons mapped twice (it happens sometimes) can cause (these?) strange effects. Check all maps and surfaces and see if any overlap occurs, that might be it.

Will look into that. I "hate" fixing things on other peoples models, especially when I don't really know what wrong...

Offline luvsmuzik

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
What I have found is that objects exported as dae from SU is that the textures are unique to SU and have to be redone. It is possible that because I use the free version of everything it didn't export..
I do have a successful download of the Statue of Liberty from Google with textures included. I was able to load it into Blender 2.78 with no problem as dae Collada import.

anything