General > Image Sharing

Statues

(1/14) > >>

luvsmuzik:
I downloaded a model from the link in File Sharing
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22853.0.html

Marly - Louvre Museum (Low Definition) by Benjamin Bardou is licensed under CC Attribution

brass oxide tgc (marly image 1) from Terragen Material Library shares
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22695.0.html

I am trying to accomplish something I am stuck on...(again)

How do I make a SSS platform here that is say....1000x1000 and just add it as terrain on top of existing default SSS and then apply the Hetzen cobblestone clip? Thanks for that share!

I have successfully added the clip to the default with a low altitude surface layer, but I only want a small area to make like a plaza or park area at ground zero, and then be able to expand that area with other things.

Also roughened up a reflective shader so I only get a mild reflect, not the entire sky!

Dune:
You're talking in riddles, SSS terrain on top of default SSS? If you want a block like the black one with the cobblestones texture, why not use a displacable cube?

luvsmuzik:
I wanted a setup that did not involve another object. You forget my limitations with free version objects. I could just enlarge the base and do it out of program and then add the clip I suppose, with another cube base under it . I wasn't sure the cobblestone would work. I do not mean to be so confusing, sorry.

I wondered if it would be all involved, like you do your simple road set up, changing a lot of variables. Again I am sorry not being clear.

Dune:
But you need the black cube to be cobbled? The cube is an internal object, I don't think that inhibits use of external object imports in free version.
Or you could make a pretty sharp SSS, raise the ground, add a compute normal or compute terrain with small patch size and then add the cobble clip to that part. The it will cobble the sides as well.

EDIT: I do have the clip somewhere, but can't find it. This is the idea I'm talking about.

luvsmuzik:

--- Quote from: Dune on February 18, 2017, 03:42:11 PM ---But you need the black cube to be cobbled? The cube is an internal object, I don't think that inhibits use of external object imports in free version.
Or you could make a pretty sharp SSS, raise the ground, add a compute normal or compute terrain with small patch size and then add the cobble clip to that part. The it will cobble the sides as well.

EDIT: I do have the clip somewhere, but can't find it. This is the idea I'm talking about.

--- End quote ---

Oh great! Thanks for that! I am trying to cobble the black cube as we speak. I wanted cobble platform, black base, statue. The clip begins...Hetzen cobbles. I will add it here later, on tablet just now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version