Author Topic: Human flesh  (Read 1332 times)

Offline otakar

• Procrastinate later.
Re: Human flesh
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 07:50:51 PM »
original guy seems older - which makes sense, smoother skin on the updated dude. I guess the ideal (for me) would be a cross betweeen the two. The forehead and neck from right image and the rest from the left image ;)

Still very good results either way!

Offline Hannes

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 08:35:06 PM »
reflektiert

I don't know what had happened when I wrote this. This is the german word (partial past perfect (?)) for reflecting, so I guess I was too tired or it was the spelling check of my cellphone.

However here is the comparison between Ulco's procedural sweat, which he generously shared with me (which sounds a bit like some sick fetish thing, I know ;)) and the population of flattened spheres.

Thanks again, Ulco!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the bumps in your solution adapt the shaders below, so it's some sort of a fake pebbles shader, or in this case an advanced pimples shader, which is cool, because it wasn't intended to be one, right?

My population looks a bit like a head in sparkled water with bubbles on it, so I'm not sure which one is better.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:36:38 PM by Hannes »

Offline Dune

• Corkscrew Bird
    • www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 06:44:53 AM »
Sharing sweat is not one of my habitual behaviors, I might say, but I'm glad you liked it so much  :P

It was an older clip, so I don't know if all the settings were perfect. Perhaps you need to change the refraction index to a smaller number to get more reflections on the displacements. They were intended as little bumps, catching light, so it was intended alright.
In case you still haven't seen enough of my work: www.ulco-art.nl

Offline DocCharly65

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 09:57:12 AM »
Sharing sweat is not one of my habitual behaviors, I might say, but I'm glad you liked it so much  :P

You're doing funny things here...  ;D ;D

Hannes, I'm still amazed at how well the procedural skin works. Good work so far.

Offline Hannes

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
OK, this is it now.
I used a population of beads of sweat (squashed spheres), adjusted the reflection settings and added some eyebrows. Done!
I really want to do something else now.

Offline Dune

• Corkscrew Bird
    • www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:55 PM »
It looks a bit as if he fell into the sand. I guess the perspiration beads need to be bigger, but I can imagine you've had enough of this gloomy guy.
In case you still haven't seen enough of my work: www.ulco-art.nl

Offline Hannes

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »
Thanks Ulco! Yes, it's enough now. Off to something else!!

anything