Author Topic: Magnum - Starfleet Investigator  (Read 2457 times)

Offline AP

Re: Magnum - Starfleet Investigator
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 08:54:11 AM »
Wackiness abounds. And this is just a teaser?

Offline yossam

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
I love it................. ;D 8)

Offline j meyer

• orkwarts
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »
 ;D Superb work. 8)

Offline DocCharly65

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 08:18:56 PM »
Sorry friends... was asleep all the day and this afternoon I was on the baptism of the son of a friend.

Thanks very much.

Last night I have learned that there is more to learn than TG  ;)
For the complete film I will really need voice talents und very much time. The music score is not easier either. Also the cutting is a challenge. I saw that some ideas sounded great in my brain while I was rendering. But then the jokes or whatever didn't really work. I had planned a short discussion between the Enterprise-Computer and  "Doc Charles Mutumi - Doc Charly  8) ;D ;)" But only a view on the starship and a view out of the window looked unsatisfying and boring. Additionally the computer voice isn't that good to have a conversation.

Also some sound mixing details I want to change untill 2020... The motor lifting that Enterprise toy and the ventilation sucking the smoke away must be louder, in the part of the dropdown through the clouds I need a different part of the music... and and and...

Better I set the finishing point of all rendering to 2019 and spend enough time on cutting and soundmix. It would be a pity if the film looks ok but story and sound destroy everything.

I more and more understand that (and why) big movies need thousands of people working on it. I must be crazy!  ;)

Wackiness abounds. And this is just a teaser?

In fact :) I hope it will not be a too big dissapointment when you find out that the finished film is  - let's say 75% - of these "teasers". Of course the story is still a bit secret. But perhaps it will be funny if people discuss, WHAT the story is... But much time till then  :)

But your reactions and approval give me hope... to go on  :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:22:16 PM by DocCharly65 »

Offline Kadri

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 08:30:10 PM »
In fact :) I hope it will not be a too big dissapointment when you find out that the finished film is  - let's say 75% - of these "teasers". Of course the story is still a bit secret. But perhaps it will be funny if people discuss, WHAT the story is... But much time till then  :)

The duck is actually a dangerous alien life form that needs to be found to save the world? ;D

Offline Kadri

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 12:06:21 AM »
I more and more understand that (and why) big movies need thousands of people working on it. I must be crazy!  ;)

+1

If i begun to polish my scenes here and there now with the things i know, it would be like trying to clean a dirty car just a little.
You couldn't stop until you cleaned it all.

I will just move on with the knowledge i got by doing the short and try to make the next ( :o ) one better.

Doing a short by yourself does have an emotional side but a collaboration could be done with people here around too maybe.
Hard, but we could try at least at some point...

Offline Dune

• Corkscrew Bird
    • www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 07:14:52 AM »
Maniacal perseverance, guided by an obsessive drive to get the best out of yourself.... I know the feeling. Crazy, at times. But if it weren't for you, this wonderful movie wouldn't exist! A lot of beautiful things wouldn't exist if it weren't for the crazies  ;)
In case you still haven't seen enough of my work: www.ulco-art.nl

anything