Author Topic: TG2 Showreel  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Seth

• Insane Frenchie
    • Setherragen
Re: TG2 Showreel
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »
I was not the one using it.
But it seems that the imported objects made the zbrush artist had problems in TG2.
As I wasn't the one using it I couldn't be specific.

Richard (cyphyr) might be as he worked on one zbrush object, if i remember correctly. And i remember him always talking to the zbrush guy about those problems

Offline cyphyr

• richardfraser
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 06:14:23 PM »
I'm not a zBrush user either so my knowledge is limited. I think the issues we had with zBrush were mainly down to texturing. There's an upper limit (4K?) the it uses for its texture and displacement maps which ended up not being high enough for some of the larger models. Making a model is several sections would have got round this but would have taken longer. The textures needed to be flipped in the x(?) axis to work as well. Otherwise its a very powerful app.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraser.co.uk
/|\

i7 5930 @3.5Ghz, 32Gb
i7 2600k @3.4Ghz, 16Gb
i7 980 @3.33Ghz, 16Gb

Offline Kadri

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

Thanks guys  :)

Offline rcallicotte

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
zBrush can be used to make OBJs, but the process to get to another application like TG2 doesn't make sense.  First the OBJ would need to go through another 3D application to take the poly count WAY DOWN.  But, Pixologic is working on this to fix that inside zBrush - http://www.pixologic.com/QRemesher/
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Offline j meyer

• orkwarts
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
zBrush can be used to make OBJs, but the process to get to another application like TG2 doesn't make sense.  First the OBJ would need to go through another 3D application to take the poly count WAY DOWN.  But, Pixologic is working on this to fix that inside zBrush - http://www.pixologic.com/QRemesher/

This is wrong!
Qremesher will be for retopology and even that can be done with ZB already,just like
reducing polycount (Decimation Master).

Offline rcallicotte

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 02:21:24 PM »
What's wrong, J Meyer?

Qremesher will make it auto-topology as I understand it and much better than what is being offered.  Straight out of zBrush, an object doesn't work well (if at all) in TG2.  And Decimation Master is okay if there is retopology.

Yet, retopology is a pain in zBrush.  If someone says it is not, it is because they are desperate or accustomed to being abused.

Where do you think I'm wrong?

Offline j meyer

• orkwarts
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
here:
First the OBJ would need to go through another 3D application to take the poly count WAY DOWN. 

Offline rcallicotte

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
Yeah, okay.  Technically I said that, but I said this before that, "...but the process to get to another application like TG2 doesn't make sense."  I do not think the tools inside zBrush can stand alone well by themselves without another program before bringing the object into TG2.  It can be done, but it's not sensible.

I'll even go so far as to say from what I've seen that almost every use of zBrush in the film industry use Maya (which Seth has) or Softimage or 3DS or Lightwave, etc. before taking something by itself from zBrush.

So,  yeah, I wasn't clear.  But, it amounts to the same thing - until zBrush gets something like Qremesher, I don't see very many great options for Seth to be excited about zBrush.  And now I've ruined his thread.

So sorry Seth.  And we both like your Showreel.  I just wish it had more objects, like trees and grass and maybe people running through it.  But, it is a very good reel.  And you know I say these things as a friend - I have done nothing better.   8)

here:
First the OBJ would need to go through another 3D application to take the poly count WAY DOWN.

Offline Seth

• Insane Frenchie
    • Setherragen
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »
hehehe don't worry for the thread !
and thanks for the nice comment :)

Offline chrisS@422

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »
Bloody good work right there!

Offline Seth

• Insane Frenchie
    • Setherragen
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »
Yo man. Thanks to you bro' ;)

Offline Seth

• Insane Frenchie
    • Setherragen
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
is it possible to move that thread in the animations' place ?

edit : Thanks ! :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:09:34 PM by Seth »

anything